9.15.2023

ANONYMOUS HEROES

ANONYMOUS HEROES The person who has influenced my life the most spiritually for good was my mother. With her as a child I met God, and in my adolescence and youth between mates and coffees in the kitchen at home, her master classes on the life of Jesus marked my life forever. Her Bible is underlined and marked with comments, and she has a notebook of her personal reflections on the gospels that is worth much more than any book you can find in any Christian bookstore today. I really mean it! She influences every positive aspect, and not only me, but many. But she doesn't have social networks, and she has a very anonymous profile. However, her influence knows no limits. The truth is that we should rethink that she is “discipling” and making disciples according to the gospels, and to a surprise, perhaps, she is often very far from our ecclesial programs. The positive influence to follow in the footsteps of Jesus can be as natural, diverse, beautiful and anonymous, as my mother is. “And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.” (John 1:37) Daniel Brian Scott